Mill Management Software
The Challenge for You
Millers have been producing for hundreds of years. Milling is one of the oldest food manufacturing industries, although over that time, the basic process has remained the same.
Millers have the challenge of converting grain of varying grades into products to be used by bakers with ever stricter controls on flour quality.
Modern day milling has the challenge of converting grain of varying grades into products to be used by bakers with ever stricter controls on flour quality for their core ingredients. The demand for timely supply of a consistent product made to rigorous guidelines means that operations depend upon the successful managing of raw materials, the capacity to test against standardised grade and quality properties and the ability to optimise the efficiency of the mill.
As a key ingredient for widespread use across our entire food chain, the traceability of the origin and grade of incoming raw material stocks, from when they enter the supply chain, along the milling process and to the end product, is another a priority for flour manufacturers in this day and age. This makes rice mill software, rice mill ERP and general mill management software the perfect component for tightening procedures.
Milling facilities also need to balance the conflicting factors of avoiding production downtime that costs money and managing the constraints on raw materials storage. This means that long term supply agreements with trusted growers and merchants are critical to supply chain management.
The financial impacts of production downtime paired with the effect on customer satisfaction, and more significantly on the food chain, mean that investing in the right systems to support the company has to be a priority for any milling operation.
How We Can Help You
As well as the proven, effective business management functionality that is standard with any Primetics implementation, specialist grain mill management software has also been developed over years of working together with clients in the sector to help to tackle the specific challenges of the milling industry.
- Monitor and manage raw material stocks with in-depth visibility of quantities, grades and locations from the instant a shipment enters your supply chain.
- Ensure total traceability of the origins of raw materials, right back to the specific farm and field, thus creating confidence in the quality of product being supplied directly to the human food chain.
- Maintain long term relationships with material suppliers to retain an overview of availability by grade, to enable just-in- time delivery.
- Comply with legal requirements for supply to the human food chain, thanks to testing and conformity with standardised grading systems.
- Deliver products to satisfy customer’s exact needs, whether bulk, bagged or using customer’s own-label packaging.