The Challenge for You
Malt production is one of the oldest production processes and relies on the prowess of extremely skilled Master Maltsters. They have the eye, the nose and the know-how to create a final product with just the right colour and aroma, along with a whole host of other properties that are vital to the brewery or distillery it ends up supplying.
Modern-day demands for on-time delivery of a consistent product made to a stringent specification, both in high volumes and smaller craft malt batches, mean that the procedure is now no longer solely dependent on the experience of a highly proficient Master Maltster.
At the same time, modern-day demands for on-time delivery of a consistent product made to a stringent specification, both in high volumes and smaller craft malt batches, mean that the procedure is now no longer solely dependent on the experience of a highly proficient Master Maltster (although this is still important) but also relies on the efficient management of raw material stocks, testing and documenting in relation to agreed product characteristics throughout the malting process, from wheat malt or malt extract to malt kilning, and the ability to optimise the success of the malting plant.
The output of the malting process is destined for supply directly to the human food chain, so the traceability of the origin and grade of raw material supplies from the instant they enter to the supply chain, right along the entire production process, to the end product is also a priority for today’s malt manufacturer.
The variety of challenges producers face means that investing in specialist technology that complements the skills of the Master Maltster and optimises this ancient process to meet the demands of the modern day customer brings substantial benefits in the long term.
How We Can Help You
In addition to the proven and extremely capable business management functionality that you can expect receive as standard from this market-leading malting software, Primetics solutions provide the specialist support required to meet the unique customer demands faced by malt producers and suppliers.
- Monitor and manage raw material stocks with an in-depth overview of quantities, grades and locations from the instant a shipment enters your supply chain.
- Manage and demonstrate compliance with a whole range of customer-defined parameters and tolerances by taking advantage of extensive sampling and testing capabilities, in order to deliver a product that meets your customer’s exact specifications.
- Utilise real-time feedback throughout the manufacturing procedure to meet decisions on any adjustments that may be required.
- Ensure that the origin of raw materials is fully traceable, right to the precise farm and field, creating confidence in the quality of products that are being supplied directly to the human food chain.
- Malting software helps assure and certify a consistent product for regular orders, with detailed records of each production process to aid quickly achieving a reliable output that can be repeated.
- Optimise the efficiency of your facility with detailed work instructions for each product specification, to aid with planning and to support the Master Maltster in achieving the end product required.
- Maintain long-term relationships with raw material suppliers to retain an overview of the availability by grade for just-in-time delivery.
- Streamline dispatch with automatic quality and delivery information alongside the dispatch note, including legislative export documentation.