Animal Feed Software
The Challenge for You
A large proportion of animal feed orders are made to custom formulas tailored for individual customers. This means livestock animal feed management and formulation professionals need to achieve a balance between the making best use of mill production time and producing precisely the correct nutritional mix for that particular customer, exactly when they need it.
Contracting, purchasing processes and efficient stock control all have critical parts to play in protecting margins and providing the customer with the best possible value.
Down Time Production Costs
The costs of production down-time are unacceptably high in the majority of cases, so the identification of the component parts of any feed mix order so that production planners can call off from stock or the purchasing department can procure them needs to happen quickly and accurately.
Vast fluctuations in the costs of raw materials make contracting, purchasing processes and efficient stock control critical to protecting margins and providing the customer with the best possible value.
As well as this, there is the inevitable complexity of laws and requirements affecting the industry, especially if feed contains medication and needs to be licensed. Keeping accurate records, as well as details of ingredient traceability, right through to finished feed is key for those working in this field.
Due to the impact that feed could have on the welfare of the customer’s livestock, including cattles, cows, swine, fish and poultry, and in turn on our food chain, investing in the best systems to support the business needs to be top priority for all animal feed managment and producers.
Animal feed software offers the supports the needs of businesses dealing in livestock feed.
How We Can Help You
Alongside the proven, effective business management functionality that is standard with any Primetics implementation, specialist management solutions have also been developed over years of working together with clients in the sector to help to tackle the specific challenges of the animal feed management.
- Animal feed software improves the service you provide to your customers with on-time delivery of products, as well as advice about on-road account information access for your sales colleagues.
- Obtain total traceability for every controlled or licensed substance, tracking precisely which batches of feed are affected even once they have been supplied to the customer.
- Break down feed orders in an uncomplicated manner, into the individual ingredients needed for manufacture – this information is automatically forwarded to the purchasing department so that raw materials can be sourced efficiently.
- Improve production efficiency as recorded feed formulations are visible straight away for repeat production runs.
- Manage ongoing purchase and supply contracts to even out price variations over time – thus reducing risk to margins and creating transparency for the customer.
- Schedule just-in-time deliveries of raw materials to your mill in order to combat the constraints of on-site storage.